Alternative to peanut butter?





I was at Asthma Doc's office last week for Son #2 to get his Xolair injection (monthly shot to help control his severe asthma) and I was reading the latest addition of Coping with Allergies and Asthma and they had an add in the magazine for Sunbutter.



Apparently it's made with roasted sunflower seeds and it's supposed to be an alternative to peanut butter.



Has anyone tried it yet? None of my kids are allergic to peanut butter, but one of my kids is allergic to tree nuts. Everyone thinks if you are allergic to tree nuts, you are allergic to peanuts too. But peanuts are actually a legume (or from the "bean" family) and tree nuts are from -well, trees! (think almonds, walnuts, etc)




Let me know if any of you have tried the Sunbutter and if it seemed a good substitute for peanut butter. Althougth my kids aren't allergic to peanuts, we are careful if someone else around us is.




Happy eating!









Comments