Hypoallergenic pets?



 


We're one of those unlucky families that has allergies and asthma. My husband and I and all 3 kids have allergies, and everyone except Hubby has asthma.

Needless to say, we don't have any pets. However, Neighbor Dog loves to come over and see Hubby. Hubby says it's because they have the same I.Q. level.....

Neighbor's kitties also love us. Probably because I give them a bowl of milk every morning. Well, you know, they're just sitting on my porch being cute. And meowing. I can't resist, I have to give them a little bowl of milk for breakfast!

But the problem is petting or holding Neighbor Dog or Neighbor's Kitties. They look at you with those big eyes, how can you resist petting them? Well, I usually can't resist, so I pet them. Then I head straight inside to wash my hands.

On occasion, I'll pet Neighbor's Kitties on the way out the door to work. If I don't want to wash my hands, I'll use my pop up canister of Handi Wipes. Sometimes that doesn't work and I'll end up having an asthma attack in the car as I'm driving to work. Stupid allergies.

So, can you get "hypoallergenic pets"? What can you do if you're allergic to cats and dogs? Take this simple 8 question test on the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology website. Scroll down to the bottom left corner of the page where you'll see "Pet Allergy Quiz."

There's some good information on there, let me know what you think. And pass the tissues. ACHOO!


Comments