Could I have thrush from my controller inhaler?







I guess it's time to call my doctor, I think I have thrush on my tongue from using my daily, controller inhaler. Asthma Doc had always warned me that it could happen, but I was taking all of the precautions he taught me.
 
His suggestions are: 
 
  • rinse my mouth and spit out the water after I use my inhaler
  • eat breakfast
  • brush my teeth and tongue right afterwards
 But I can see a white film on my tongue. 
 
Sigh.

I don't have any sick time left at work to be able to take time off for a doctor's appointment. I have used all of my sick days to take my kids to their various doctor's appointments for asthma and allergy shots. 
 
And Asthma Doc doesn't have appointments for after hours. 

And I don't want to go to the ER, because this isn't "urgent". I guess I could try the Urgent Care after hours.

I was looking at some photos online about oral thrush, and their tongues look a lot worse than mine (of course, maybe they let the infection go on to long.....) 
 
I remember when Son #2 got thrush a few years ago, and the doctor had to call a prescription for Nystatin (a liquid medicine) in to the pharmacy. 
 
To treat his oral thrush, he used the anti fungal medicine that required him to swish his mouth and spit out the Nystatin several times a day.  It was hard to make sure he took each dose, but he knew it would help get the oral thrush under control.

One more thing to deal with. I'm just trying to take care of my asthma and myself, and now I have an annoying side effect of a controller inhaler.
 
Did I ever mention how much I hate asthma and everything that comes along with it? 
 
Arrrgh














Comments

  1. How does asthma affects your daily life?. It's really bad to have asthma--right?.
    horse dewormer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asthma affects every part of your life. You have to be careful around anything that can "trigger" or cause an asthma attack. Asthma isn't really bad, unless you don't treat it and take medicine for it. Like any other disease, there are things you need to do to take care of it.

    You can read more at this website: http://www.aanma.org/faqs/newlydiagnosed/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment