Familiar face at the pharmacy

(photo from Google Images/Michelehow.wordpress.com)




So, is it a good thing or a bad thing that the people at the pharmacy know me when I go to pick up prescriptions? Not only do they know me, but they also knows all 3 of my kids. When I walk up to the counter, they simply reach bag and grab the bag, I don't even have to tell them which prescription I am picking up and for which family member.


All 5 of our family members have allergies, and 4 out of the 5 of us have asthma. So we are at the pharmacy a LOT! We have tried a three month supply from the mail order pharmacies, but it didn't seem to save any money. For some people, it does. The mail order pharmacies will send a three month supply for the price of two or sometimes three co-pays. For us, we had to pay three months of co-pays, so it didn't save any money. Not only that, but the kids always forget to tell me they are running low on their prescriptions. They will usually tell me when they are completely out (as they shake their empty bottle) Sigh.


I guess that's why I like using my local pharmacy, I can get a presciption the same day. And they know me! With as much time as I spend at the local pharmacy, I should add them to my Chrismas card list! Just kidding.......








Comments