Asthma attack from dusty boxes?


 

 


 
 We were helping a family member move and were loading boxes from a garage into the trailer, driving to the new place and unloading the boxes.Up and down the stairs, up and down the stairs.

It was hard work!! And the garage we pulled boxes out of was VERY dusty. The next day, Hubby and I were so tired we could hardly move. (We're not as young as we used to be.....)

Then he said that 'his chest felt tight and it seemed like he needed to cough every once in a while'. I said, "Welcome to my world!!!" That's what it feels like when you have asthma!!

He doesn't have asthma, but has allergies. He's never experienced asthma symptoms before. I usually tell people that when your asthma flares up, it's like trying to breathe through a straw (with your nose pinched shut).

It was weird to have someone who has never experienced asthma-like symptoms complain about it. I guess I get used to the symptoms. But for other people, or for someone who is newly diagnosed, it can feel pretty strange! 

Webmd has a section that talks about Asthma Symptoms It's important to know what they are because every person with asthma is different, and you can have different symptoms at different times. I always cough when my asthma flares up. It will be sudden, and a scary hard cough that almost makes me throw up. But one time I just felt really weak and my chest was tight-but no coughing. So it took me a little longer to realize I was having an asthma attack.

Know what symptoms are of an asthma attack, since they can change. And different people have different symptoms. And keep your inhaler handy. We should have healthy, active lives. But you never know when an attack will happen. 





Comments