Counters on inhalers....






I think it's a smart idea to put counters on inhalers. It's supposed to help you so you know how many doses are left. The problem is that you have to LOOK at the counter.

I was using my Dulera inhaler last week, and I wondered how many doses were left, so I looked at the counter. It was set on 0. Hmm. I thought I was still getting medicine out of it. I took it out of the spacer and sprayed a puff into the air. I could SEE the medicine coming out. Or was it just the propellant? It looked like the medicine was coming out.

Does the inhaler count to 0 but still leave a few doses in the canister? So those of us that don't pay attention to the 0 can still have a little cushion of a few doses to call the pharmacy and get a refill?

I don't know what the answer is.

But I think now I'll pay more attention to the counter on the inhaler. I just got a new Pro Air inhaler with a counter on that one too. I'll keep an eye on the counter so I don't run out of Pro Air. I would rather run out of my maintenance medicine than my rescue inhaler!!




Comments

  1. Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side.. good job…Keep it up.
    combivent inhaler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll keep blogging, you never know if my experiences will help other people!

      Delete

Post a Comment