Lifting car off of motorcylist in Utah

(AP photo)





If you have been on the internet the last couple of days, you have already seen the story of a group of people lifting the car off a motorcyclist in Utah. Click here for a link to the video.



I watched this on the news last night, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. It makes you think "what would I do?" I know I would have been one of the first ones there, and been on my belly like the lady who looks under the car to see if the motorcyclist was still alive.


The fire on the video is the scariest part, and where there's fire, there's smoke. And that's one of the things that can set off an asthma attack. Some others that are less well known are fear, anger (or any strong emotion) and stress.


I think it would be fair to say that all of the people lifting the car off the motorcyclist felt all of those emotions! I hope none of them had asthma or suffered an asthma attack from it. What a shocking situation to find yourself in!


I heard an update on the news that the motorcyclist will recover. He is badly hurt with a broken pelvis, other broken bones and road rash, but he will live.


It's one of those stories that I love to hear. There are so many tragedies on the news every night, it's nice to hear one about how good other people can be. To all of you who put yourself at risk (because no one knew when the car would blow up,) I add my voice to the chorus of everyone else who says THANK YOU!











Comments