Achoo! 1st cold of the school year

Well, here we go again. Achoo! Achoo! Achoo! Sore throats, running noses and coughing.

I was hoping at first that it was just allergies and that something in the pollen count was REALLY high, no such luck. The sore throat started, and I thought here we go.

I need to crack down again with my germiphobe precautions. I noticed Hubby and Kitty and I are all using the same tube of toothpaste. Great way to spread germs. I usually use separate tubes of toothpaste for each of us. Guess it's a little late for that for this cold.

And the toothbrushes are getting thrown out and fresh ones are replacing them once the cold is over. (You don't want to use old germ filled toothbrushes)

Also, I keep all the toothbrushes on separate shelves in the bathroom. (And NOT by the sink. I've heard that over spray from the toilet can spread over 5 feet in the bathroom - I don't know about you but I would rather not have toilet water on my toothbrush) Also, when kids wash their hands, they drip water and suds all over-including your toothbrush.

I also wash the hand towels at least once a week. And give each person their own hand towels to use- everyone can have a different color.

I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I heard two pediatricians talking the other day. And they said that about two weeks after school starts, their offices are flooded with sick kids. I would like to stay out of doctor's offices, thank you. And especially out of the hospital.

Since most of you with asthma know that a cold is seldom a simple cold, usually with asthma it goes into bronchitis or pneumonia.

So, it's better to be safe than sorry. All right kids, new toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes are getting passed out after school! Exciting, isn't it?!! Asthma is so much fun!

Comments

  1. Wow, I had no idea the things an Asthma Mom goes through. I have spent so much time in developing countries where about 15 of us use the same tube of toothpaste and we store our toothbrushes in the corrugated metal above the shower. I am glad I don't have asthma, but it's good to know this stuff in case my kids end up having it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't always a germiphobe! But if I'm not, my kids will pay for it. It's cheaper to buy separate tubes of toothpaste for everyone than it is to pay for another doctor visit. I hope your kids don't end up having asthma, but if they do, you'll know what to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment