Just Allergies - Not Sick!


Okay, found this online. My daughter loves Parks n Rec. 

Anyone else struggling with allergies this time of year? If I step outside, my nose starts to run and I start to sneeze. Not usually a problem this time of year.

Until COVID-19.

Now people look at me like I am carrying the plague. 

For people who know me, I'll just say "don't panic - it's just a high pollen count today."

If I'm at the pharmacy or grocery store (only places I go these days), and sniff my nose or sneeze, people give me the Stare of Death and scurry off. 

I should wear a shirt that says "It's Just Allergies!" There are lots of websites online that sell allergy t-shirts.

 In fact, I should buy a 5 pack of t-shirts since the whole family has allergies. 

We buy allergy pills, nose spray and tissues in bulk at the warehouse story. Seriously.

I know it's important that we all keep taking our allergy medicine. If we don't, our asthma will flare up. Sigh. That's all we need right now - to start coughing!

 We also found a few other things that help with allergies:

  • Skip going for a walk on high pollen days
  • Take our shoes off when we enter the house
  • Shower before bed to remove the pollen from our hair and skin
  • Keep windows closed in the house
  • Drive with the car windows up

Anyone else found a trick that helps with their allergies? 

Does anyone else have to deal with people giving you the Stare of  Death because they think you have COVID19?



Comments

  1. i have very bad Asthma 12 months year long list health issues .not just being so Snotty all so Phlem Sick
    i am a policy and research holder for
    Asthma uk
    my blog,http;//mark-kent.webs.com
    twitter,supersnopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, thanks for stopping by!

      I hope you can find the best treatment for your allergies.

      This is an older post, but I hope it will help you. Be sure to talk to your doctor. There are a lot of options for treating allergies and asthma, finding the right one for your body is important!

      http://asthmamomlife.blogspot.com/2015/03/allergies-making-you-miserable.html

      Delete

Post a Comment