Prepping for a long illness








I know it sounds weird to be prepping for a long illness, but I know what is coming up this week.

This morning, I woke up with my throat feeling funny and my lungs feel a little off. Not enough that I need my inhaler or nebulizer, but just enough to let me know that something isn't right.

People with asthma get a lot sicker than people without asthma (when it comes to colds and the flu.) 

In fact, it's not uncommon for a simple cold to morph into bronchitis or pneumonia. 
 
If I start with a cold, I know my cold will turn into bronchitis (as it did 4 times last year.) So, I am getting ready. I am stocking up on:

Tissues with lotion

Throat lozenges

Cough drops

Orange juice

Chicken Noodle Soup

I also make sure my Albuterol inhaler has plenty of puffs in it. And I check my boxes of Albuterol vials for my nebulizer to make sure I have enough.

Since I moved, I also need to find:

The closest Urgent Care (and the hours it is open.)
Nearest Emergency Room 
Open late/all night pharmacy

I know I need to rest and it will take a while for my lungs to recover. So, it will probably just be me with a snugly blanket and the TV remotes.

For those of you out there with asthma, I wish you luck if you get sick during the flu season. It could be a bumpy road for all of us!


 

 
 

Comments