Trying to stay healthy....






Well, it's that time of year again. Co-workers and family members are sniffling, wiping their noses and coughing.

And I am trying to AVOID them. 

Not easy when you live with one of them, and work with an office of sick people. 

The possibilities for germs are endless. And I try to avoid all of them. 

I use my sleeve to open doors (I'm not touching those handles!) I use my knuckle to punch the elevator button and then wash my hands when I finally get to my office.

I wash my hands after I touch the handle to the microwave and office fridge. Seriously....does anyone else have one of "those " office fridges that no one cleans out? I am tired of being the only one to clean the fridge, and have left that to someone else. I know no one is going to take time to clean the fridge handle if they can't clean the inside of the fridge!

And don't get me started on the people that don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom at work. Seriously?! I work with nurses! They should know better! I use a paper towel to open the bathroom door. 

Even out in public, I have to be careful. I just made a quick trip to the grocery store and always use the pop up canister of disinfecting wipes on the cart handle. Then, when I'm done and go out to my car, I use my pop up canister to wipe my hands again. 

 
Overkill? Nope, not when you have asthma! 

I had bronchitis this spring  and was VERY sick and missed a week of work. I also had to have a course of prednisone to get the swelling down in my lungs. However, prednisone can impair your immune system, so I have to be really careful now.  

Can avoid getting sick? Maybe not, but I am going to try!
 

Comments