Getting to know your pharmacy




We spend A LOT of money at the pharmacy. In fact, I just walk up to the counter, and the pharmacy technician (who knows me and all of my family by name) will see me, turn around and grab my multiple prescriptions out of the bin and ring them up.

So, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Should I be a frequent customer? It's kind of like that with my mechanic. Hubby will call, and as soon as they hear his voice, they will say "Which one do you need to bring in? The truck or the van?" Sometimes we trick them and say "Ha!! It's the Jeep this time!!"

So, knowing your pharmacy and mechanic well may not be the best thing, because that means you are probably spending WAY too much time and money there.

But, having good relationships with them is important, because they help take care of us. They can let you know about generic version, or even coupons that are available. They are also good listeners. I used to spend a lot of time talking with Pharmacy Technician at our pharmacy. I would complain every time my insurance company would stop covering a certain drug, and they would make me switch to another one that was cheaper. (Right now, they will only cover one brand of rescue inhaler, so I had to make sure Asthma Doc had that on his record so he prescribes the "right" brand for all of us. Otherwise, instead of paying $20 for a new inhaler, if it was a brand they didn't cover, it would be $75) 

 We would share complaints about red tape, insurance companies, co-pays, etc. She was always so sweet and loving. So, it was quite a shock when I went to pick up 3 prescriptions last night, and they had a notice up about her funeral. WHAT???!!!  I noticed she wasn't there the last few times I picked up prescriptions, but I wondered if she was finally able to quit and stay home and take care of some health problems she was having. I didn't ask the pharmacist about her, because I know they aren't allowed to talk about their employees. 

As I sat there staring at her obituary, I was in shock. I can barely remember sliding my credit card through the machine to pay for the medications. The pharmacist apologized said she was sorry that I had to find out that way, to read an obituary posted on their window. She's probably been doing a lot of that the last few weeks. I just snatched my bag from the counter and ran out of the store, I didn't want anyone to see my crying.

It's just another reminder about being kind and loving to the people we see every day. Whether it's a family member, co-worker, neighbor, Pharmacy Technician,or mechanic. It could be their last day here on earth.

I'm really going to miss her. 

Comments

  1. Home remedies are indeed helpful, but being an asthma patient I would also recommend doing some exercises. Staying in good health provides better resistance from asthma episodes. However, don't overdo or force your body beyond its limit. Begin with light exercises.
    online drugstore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asim, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Yes, it's important to stay active with asthma. But you're right, you do need to listen to your body. It also helps to ask your doctor what he thinks is best for you.

      Some people need to avoid exercising in cold or hot weather, since both of those can trigger asthma attacks.

      Have a great week! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment