To say that our whole family is miserable now is an under statement. Hubby and I and all three teenagers have allergies year round, but spring is by far the worst. We are allergic to anything that is alive (trees, flowers, bushes, grass, cats, dogs, etc.)
But this time of year is always hard. We have found a few things that help us:
- Start on allergy medicine BEFORE the season gets bad. If you wait until you are miserable to try to get it under control, it's going to be a lot harder than trying to prevent it in the first place. Kind of like when the hospital tells you to take medicine before the pain gets really bad
- Keep the windows rolled up while driving your car and use air conditioning instead
- Sleep with the windows closed and use air conditioning in the house
- BEFORE you go to bed, shower so you remove the pollen from your hair and skin. Otherwise you will roll around in pollen all night and wake up sneezing and have puffy eyes
- Talk to an allergy doctor about testing to see what you are allergic too and how to treat your specific allergies
Good luck and pass the box of tissues please!!!!