#2 posting

This #2 writing under my mother's account. She asked me to write about how I feel about asthma, seeing as how it's easier for me just to write about having asthma instead of telling my mother everything and having her write it, heh.

So to start, I'm answering some questions, and I'll try to throw in anything else I feel someone may need.

#1. How do I react to having asthma?

Well, to be honest, it sucks. I hate it with the all the burning passion of 10,000 Twilight fans. But, I realize there are people with worse problems than me, and I know several of them (i.e. diabetes). There are some times when I wish that I didn't have it (I'd be insane not to), but most of the time I just kinda accept it and move on.

#2. Do I ever ask "why me?"

Sometimes. It's not too often, but most of the time it comes from having to miss certain events that I could attend otherwise, such as a Scout activity where we'd be going somewhere cold, and I had been having problems with asthma. Every winter it happens, and I get annoyed. But, again, there are worse problems, so I try to keep it in perspective.

#3. Am I compliant in taking medicine?

Yeah. It's not hard or annoying to take my medicine, and it doesn't taste bad (well, it doesn't have a flavor at all, which is kinda nice). Sometimes I don't want to take it, but generally that is when it is 3:00 in the morning and I don't want to get up and have a treatment. Most of the time however, I'm the one that get's my medicine, instead of waiting for my mom to say something about it. It isn't hard, and it is beneficial. Win-win situation.

#4. I'll be rolling all the Social questions into this one.

My friends know about it, and often they see me having trouble. But the great thing is, they never scorn or shun me because of it (could be most of my friends aren't exactly athletes...). They all knew about it within days of meeting me, just because it is so prevalent, but so far it hasn't pushed anyone away.

My friends and family are very supportive. I've had times where my friends and I will be doing something and I'll get an asthma attack. During those times, my friends will suggest to go inside and get my medicine. They understand and support.

I believe that is everything. If you have anything else, just ask. Son #2

Well, there you have it. That's Son #2 with the severe asthma, sharing about what it's like. If anyone has any other questions, please let us know! - Andrea

Comments