Avoiding Sick People


 Our family has always been VERY cautious around other sick people.

With a family of 5 (4 of whom have asthma), we have a habit of getting very sick - very fast. In fact, my kids were in the hospital 12 times when they were young (two of those were ICU stays.)

Needless to say, we are all germaphobes. And we were germaphobes long before COVID reared its ugly head. 

Since covid started, we have avoided church, family parties, receptions, weddings, and baby showers. In fact, we had friends that were supposed to come over for Thanksgiving dinner. But, the daughter was sick and coughing. 

The parents said she would wear a mask  - but I knew she would have to take it off to eat. I would have to watch her like a hawk and as soon as she took her last bite of food, I would have to tell her to put her mask back on. 

Either way, it would expose my family to her respiratory illness. She didn't have asthma, but she was coughing. I could just imagine how bad our cough would be if we caught the same illness she had!

 So, we had our friends drive by and pick up a large tray filled with turkey and all the fixings. They took it home to eat, and we ate alone at our house. We just couldn't chance getting the illness from her.

Long Covid worries

I have Long Covid and finally got overnight oxygen. I have been struggling with my asthma since I got covid 6 months ago. And the thought of getting sick again terrifies me. 

I came close to being admitted to the hospital for asthma and covid.

So we are still avoiding sick people. We're not trying to be rude - just careful.

 I still wear my mask out in public and avoid any social activities. I would love to go back to the movie theater, but with my luck I would get sick...

Is anyone else still avoiding other people like the plague? And not letting people come over to your house if they are sick? 

Is it just me?



Comments