Hmmm.....my son actually listened?








If you are a parent, you know how it feels some time - you wonder if your kids are actually listening to anything you say.

Now that my 3 children are all college age and they are on their own, I am not as much a part of their life.

So, I was surprised the other day when Son #2 told me he had set a doctor's appointment because he wasn't feeling like he should after his bout with bronchitis.

He wasn't sure if he was getting sick again, or if he didn't recover from his bronchitis a few weeks ago.  

But he knew. He knew something was wrong. He knew his lungs didn't good and the pain in his lungs "just wasn't right."

I have to tell you I had mixed emotions - of course worried (like all moms) that something was wrong with his lungs, but surprised and proud that he recognized it and was headed to the doctor to see what was going on.

On his own. Without me. 

He HAD been listening to me over the years and knew something was wrong with his lungs and it was time to take action.

So, he's on antibiotic number 2, and a refill on albuterol vials for the nebulizer. But - he did it himself. 

He's adulting! 

And succesful.

Happy Asthma Mom moment! 

Comments

  1. Hello Andrea, I’m new to your blog and need advice about asthma. Do you have an email I could contact you with a question? Many thanks, Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Ashleigh! You can contact me at stressedasthmamom@gmail.com

      I can't give medical advice, but can give you other advice and point you in the right direction!

      Delete

Post a Comment