How to Keep Busy with Stay at Home Orders




 
 
Are y'all sick of self isolation?

Luckily, all my kids are now adults. The two youngest are in college but they are hanging out at the house. They are NOT about to keep working in their service jobs. 

Son #2 refuses to go to work (luckily his boss is understanding.) 

And Kitty's chain of theaters shut down and fired all employees nationwide, so she is out of a job.

I told both of them that we will support them financially until it's safe for them to be out in public. When they were younger, they were hospitalized 12 times (and this was just the normal complications of asthma. ) 
If any of my 3 kids with asthma get Coronavirus (COVID19), they'll be admitted to the hospital again. Come to think of it, so will I. I had a nasty case of influenza 2 years ago and came close to being admitted. 

I hate asthma.

What can we all doing to keep busy? The Hubby and I are working from home and luckily we each have our own offices. 

But, what to do when everyone is home? 

Some parents are now tasked with home schooling their kiddos. Many teachers are providing online resources to their students. The Today Show also has ideas for how to home school during the Coronavirus crisis (including printable schedules!) 

How to Keep Busy During Isolation 

Walking - I take a break from my computer and take a stroll around neighborhood 
Biking  - there is a flat biking trail not far from our house 
Online art museums - how about a virtual tour of the world's most beautiful artwork?
The Louvre - they left the most gorgeous museum off the list!   

Virtual cathedral tours - doesn't matter your religion. Who doesn't love gorgeous architecture?
Virtual zoo tour - who knew you could do virtual field trips to zoos?! 
Virtual exercise classes - too much sitting at my desk at home :(
Livestream and Virtual concerts - you know you are old when you don't recognize a lot of musicians on their list! Sigh. 
Board games - I am terrible. I used to lose to my kids at Candyland....true story!
Yoga - I'm famously clumsy but can *sort of* do beginner workouts 
Meditation - I have meditated a LOT during the last week!

What have you found that works? 

We'll get through this. We'll get through this. We'll get through this.....





Comments