livescience has an article titled "9 Myths About Seasonal Allergies"
In the article, they interview Dr. John Costa, who is the medical director of the Brigham and Women's Hospital Allergy and Clinical Immunology Practice in Boston. (whew! that's a mouthful!)
Have you heard people say any of these things?
- Everybody has allergies
- If you didn't have allergies as a child, you won't develop them as an adult
- Eating local honey can help with allergies
- Scientists can predict a bad allergy season
- Moving to a new area can help allergies
- Flowers are a trigger for allergies
- Don't use nasal sprays-they are all bad
- Only take allergy medicine when you feel bad
- Allergy shots don't work
To see what Dr. Costa says about each item, click on the link at the beginning of the blog, it's a REALLY interesting article!
Happy reading!! :)