Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved



Friday, May 11, 2012

Help paying for prescriptions


Do you ever cringe when you go to the pharmacy to pick up your asthma prescriptions?

The cost can add up fast. Last week, I spent over $200 getting a new Proventil inhaler, a refill of Singulair, Symbicort and a couple of other prescriptions. And Hubby is muttering under his breath, "so THAT'S where all of our money is going...."

That's in addition to a $150 monthly copay for Xolair  injections. And of course the $35 copay for the office visit that's required before he's allowed to get his injection.

The Utah Department of Health's Asthma Program has a great resource on their website, called Prescription Assistance Program for Patients with Asthma.   It sounds confusing, but it's just a list of every asthma medication that's available. It lists:
  • Prescription drug
  • Prescription assistance program
  • Contact information and website
  • Eligibility requirements
  • Cost

If you are one of the many that struggles to pay for your asthma medication (or your child's) then check out this list. In my family, I have asthma, as well as all three of my children. So having four of us on asthma and allergy medicine really adds up. In fact, I would really rather be putting that money towards a trip to Hawaii, but it's also nice to be able to breathe. So I guess I'll keep paying for all of the prescriptions.......

Check out the website and let me know what you think! It should help you save a little money!


1 comment: